Winslow Township Fire Department-Station 258
Waterford Volunteer Fire Company
- President William Monzo
- Vice-President Amos Baker
- Nate Ashmen
- Frank Sedor
- Michael Passarella, Jr.
In 1924 a small group of men decided to form a firefighting company in Waterford(Winslow Township, Camden County) They met at the bates Mill School and drew up plans for their newly formed service to their community. Their main purpose was "to protect life and property from fire..."
On May 25, 1925, a certificate of incorporation was signed by Harry C. Reed, who served as the company's first president; Charles Lombardo, Treasurer; Thomas G. Iuliucci, Secretary; Antonio Chalk; Thomas W. Nickerson; C.W. Hoag; John K. Clark; George H. Krueger; Dominick Celi; Joseph Barbaccio and James H. B. Wood. The school was used until the men could get a permanent resident for their meeting and fire equipment which they hoped to purchase.
In the meantime, the Boyer Fire Truck Company loaned them an Atterbery, which in turn was used to fight their fire--grass at the Intessimoni residence on Chew Road. The truck was housed at the garage of Dominick Iuliucci on the corner of the White Horse Pike and Pump Branch Road until a fire hall was completed. Mr. John Iuliucci purchased ground and donated it to the fire company.
From that time on, it was PROGRESS FOR THE WATERFORD
VOLUNTEER FIRE COMPANY.
1925 Purchased an old Mack water wagon from Penn Steel Works; gas lights and all
1927 Bought new Boyer Fire Truck and Charles Thomas served as first official Fire Chief.
1945 Purchased Chevrolet fire truck from Government Army Surplus.
1952 Purchased Ford F-6 Fire truck with a 1000 gallon capacity.
1958 Massive building campaign was launched with a visit from Sally Starr.
1959 An Addition was made to the original fire house.
1961 The original section of the firehouse and kitchen were remodeled.
1963 Purchased Autocar Tanker from Gulf Oil Corporation with a 3000 gallon capacity.
1967 Purchased 6000 gallon water trailer from Hess Oil Company.
1968 Purchased new Ford C-950 with 1000 gallon tank, pumping 750 gallons per minute.
1971 Purchased new REO 3000 gallon capacity Army truck and switched body from Autocar to Reo.
1972 Purchased new Dodge Power Wagon Pumper, 450 gallons per minute. Started footing for new addition to fire house, its third addition.
1973 Received trophies for several categories in the fire truck competition.
1974 Began renovation to inside of the building.
1975 Renovation completed, hall now available for rentals.
1975 Fire Company celebrated 50 year anniversary.
1976 Purchased 1975 GMC light and rescue van.
1977 Purchased GMC tractor-trailer.
1978 Completed restoration of GMC tractor-trailer.
1979 Purchased Chief's car.
1980 Remodeled building.
1981 Purchased 1000 gallon per minute Pierce Pumper.
1982 We trust we will be able to serve our communities many more years.
1989 Winslow Township Fire District was established. The Waterford Fire Company then relied on tax dollars to full fill their apparatus and equipment needs.
2017 Members of the Waterford Fire Company sold their firehouse for $1.00 to the Winslow Township Fire District for current and future firefighting needs.